_

Thunderbird and Heyoka, the Native "Sacred Clown"

Below is a perception of why Heyoka and Thunderbird are connected in many Native American lores...and Thunderbird will be with a Heyoka through every reincarnation of that person..it's a forever thing.
At the bottom is my own experience with meeting Thunderbird....
and there may be more of you out there !
love, addy
excerpt from the first article:
The Thunderbird's association with heyoka clowns is not simply serendipitous. The fact that the Thunderbird displays many paradoxical and contradictory attributes links it to Trickster figures and to the contraries of Plains Indians culture. This culture complex probably resulted from Indian beliefs about nature and the ways in which thunder and lightning exemplified the manners in which it could be at once capricious, beneficent, and destructive. The Thunderbird's own link to the original Great Mystery suggests that the role of the sacred clown was seen as one of the highest in Plains society - like wandering fools in Europe, they were thought to be touched by the Divine power itself. Like Thunderbird himself, the heyoka was thought to be a conduit to forces that defied comprehension, and by his absurd, backwards behavior he was merely showing the ironic, mysterious dualities that existed within the universe itself.
for much more, pls see:
for even more, pls see:

my own experience:
years ago, when i was exploring some of my guides, i meditated on meeting my " Protection" guide......after some minutes i suddenly felt pounding palpitations and had trouble breathing !...
i sat there feeling huuugely anxious, what i think a panic attack would be like !!!!!!!

slowly before me from the ground rose a HUGE multicolored, striped beaked face, body, outstretched wings......i was enthralled...still could hardly breathe, my heart was pounding my ribs.....i thought it was a hawk, didn't have a clue......he stayed for a few long moments, and then disappeared.....

i sat there trying to collect myself....my heart and breathing normalized only after many long minutes.....
i sat thinking....WOW !!! had never encountered any entity NEARLY as powerful.......i felt honoured and overwhelmed indeed to have this protection guide.......
only weeks later did a "voice" tell me this was no hawk, it was Thunderbird.....so i researched Him......

and there indeed ..the Haida Thunderbird, exactly ( except the beak on mine is bigger, and his head was in profile).

Views: 435

Replies to This Discussion

Thankyou Addy :D i have been called "witch" by numerous people throughout my life but the word " witch" always brought bad images. I have occasionally played with protective circles. Dowsing. And the use of pendulums but found spell craft to be too tedious and time consuming. But lately I truly believe I am just that... A witch lol

adeomus said:

omg lol Stone !!  You invoked forceful, focused Intent and threw a massive spell !!

It could not fail ! Spells sent with such a propellant simply cannot fail !

KUDOS dear one, onward and upward ...the Gods are listening : )

love you, addy

Stone said:

Ok so I took your advice guys.. I have been feeling righteous rage against the machine lately (the school system in particular) so I called upon the thunder gods to assist and invoked my sovereign right as a divine being for change in the system that we are living in. To start there has since been massive thunderstorms and lightening cracking the skies (lovely) then my daughter comes home from school today and tells me so much has changed at school. They are now having a student vote system as to what type of uniform the kids want and Many other very positive changes :) the best news is that her new math teacher is (in her words) an old hippie lol he is teaching them the power of "now" living in the moment :) this is such great news for me and my daughter is stoked as this is what I've been telling her all along. Btw, I got a laugh when she told me his surname is Knight.. Defs an old soul.. Anyway just thought I'd share a bit of good news :) much love, Stone xx

smiles...spellcraft is just focused Intent. The rituals / tools/ etc etc are all intended to add oomph to the spell and to help put one in the best mindset, but many people can bypass all that and just propel their spell with a focused thought.

I still enjoy some ritual occasionally, and my tools, but most of the time i complete a spell very rapidly.

And, I join many others who proudly reclaim the word Witch.

love you...addy

Stone said:

Thankyou Addy :D i have been called "witch" by numerous people throughout my life but the word " witch" always brought bad images. I have occasionally played with protective circles. Dowsing. And the use of pendulums but found spell craft to be too tedious and time consuming. But lately I truly believe I am just that... A witch lol

adeomus said:

omg lol Stone !!  You invoked forceful, focused Intent and threw a massive spell !!

love you, addy

Stone said:

Ok so I took your advice guys.. I have been feeling righteous rage against the machine lately (the school system in particular) so I called upon the thunder gods to assist and invoked my sovereign right as a divine being for change in the system that we are living in. To start there has since been massive thunderstorms and lightening cracking the skies (lovely) then my daughter comes home from school today and tells me so much has changed at school. They are now having a student vote system as to what type of uniform the kids want and Many other very positive changes :) the best news is that her new math teacher is (in her words) an old hippie lol he is teaching them the power of "now" living in the moment :) this is such great news for me and my daughter is stoked as this is what I've been telling her all along. Btw, I got a laugh when she told me his surname is Knight.. Defs an old soul.. Anyway just thought I'd share a bit of good news :) much love, Stone xx
Ahah! I Am great at focused intent! I Too will wear the word "witch" in humble pride :) thankyou you beautiful being xx

adeomus said:

smiles...spellcraft is just focused Intent. The rituals / tools/ etc etc are all intended to add oomph to the spell and to help put one in the best mindset, but many people can bypass all that and just propel their spell with a focused thought.

I still enjoy some ritual occasionally, and my tools, but most of the time i complete a spell very rapidly.

love you...addy

Stone said:

adeomus said:

love you, addy

Stone said:

Thank you Stone !!  

smiles...one can be extremely proud and humbled by, such power...you're blessed to have it come so naturally.

much love, addy xox

Stone said:

Ahah! I Am great at focused intent! I Too will wear the word "witch" in humble pride :) thankyou you beautiful being xx

adeomus said:

love you...addy

Stone said:

I just came across this article connecting Heyoka with Empath.  Thought you might enjoy it:

http://positivetruth.com/heyoka-the-most-powerful-type-of-empath_or...

i had never thought about Heyoka that way, but it makes sense. One cannot teach if one is not perceptive about what lessons are needed.

but..."a heyoka never calls him/herself heyoka"...maybe not to the world at large, but in these discussions among brothers and sisters i think it's necessary. This is not only to share and to discover commonalities among us, but to learn.

like i do from YOU ! : )

Thank you dear sister !

love you !!!!!!!!! xox

addy

send in the clowns :)

Recently came across this article about Thunderbird...thought you might enjoy it:

https://joranslane.wordpress.com/2017/08/08/the-thunderbird/

lol...as always TW, you thought right !  It's really weird how you reflect so much of what i go through...just yesterday i fell over this picture, and was struck by it....i even made it my desktop for now...the god looks so loving, and i had been focused so strongly on the goddess for most of my life.....i think my Entities thought it was time for me to seek more balance.

hope you like it : )

Julia Helen Jeffrey

Turquoise Water said:

Recently came across this article about Thunderbird...thought you might enjoy it:

https://joranslane.wordpress.com/2017/08/08/the-thunderbird/

Yes....so sensuously and lovingly portrayed....the love of Goddess and God...within and without. I've been drawn to the Divine Masculine a lot lately too. Perhaps there's a new worldwide God-energy being born......

having seen much of what "god" energy brings, i hope rather than god energy there will be a drive toward Balance.......where females will bring nurturing to strength, and where males will bring strength to nurturing.

and where both will value and respect the vast qualities of the other.

i pray for this kind of world......maybe it's like that on other worlds, and ...in spite of how it looks right now....this world may one day follow.

much much love to you.........addy xoxox

RSS

Ads

What's New?

Damian Q. Laster, MSc.D., M.Ed. commented on Damian Q. Laster, MSc.D., M.Ed.'s video
15 minutes ago
Damian Q. Laster, MSc.D., M.Ed. commented on Damian Q. Laster, MSc.D., M.Ed.'s video
15 minutes ago
16 minutes ago
17 minutes ago
17 minutes ago
17 minutes ago
18 minutes ago
27 minutes ago

© 2018   Created by Yshatar Anshar El.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service