i am discovering more and more that these tales can well be more than tales...
and that most of us are connected with one or more of the Elements, that are willing to work with us.
For instance, i am deeply connected to Earth....and though somewhat connected to water and fire, in that order....air is my second strong Element.
i have noticed for a long time that the wind suddenly gusts up, right when i do communing with Them at a window or when i'm outside.
then just as suddenly dies down.
my husband says he's also noticed this happens when i join him outside....it's like They are saying HI, we love you back !

how about all of you, do you find you have a palpable affinity with your elements ?

love, addy

Storm Callers - The Art of Weather Magic

Updated on April 16, 2017
"Many tales were bruited about the power of witches and wizards over storms, weapons, spirits, love, and death. I have been assured that at this day the country folk, some of them at least, tremble at the sight of one of these gifted persons, or persons of such repute, lest by some chance the sorcerers eye lighting on them should kindle in him a dislike." – Rev Oswald Cockayne, 1864

The weather. Most unpredictable, and most important to those living off the land, efforts have been made throughout the ages to predict and even control the sun, wind, and rain. Good weather would ensure a plentiful harvest and safe travels, whilst a wet summer or particularly harsh drought would doom a community to starvation and suffering. Even today, extreme weather events affect us profoundly, claiming lives each year. So it is no wonder that throughout the ages, man has tried to influence the elements around him.
Tales of magical manipulation of the weather appear all over Europe, and appear in the Sagas as well as Saxon records. Even today, we utter charms to ensure good weather.
"Rain, rain, go away.
Come again another day."
~ Traditional English proverb, charm for good weather.
<snipped>...for much more, pls see the link above

Appeasing the Sea

Views: 67

Replies to This Discussion

I love the waters, the winds, the earth, and all the creatures in no particular order.

I do seem to have a very strong connection to water even though I don't try to influence or control it. The sounds, smells, and all that goes with water can quickly send me off into a deep transcendental state if I let it.

When I worked on the ocean when I was younger I loved storms. The raw and unbridled power and beauty of them always made me realize just how insignificant we all really are in the grand scheme of life.

Warm Welcome, Eta Huinya !

yes, it is a huge rush to stand in the wind and rain and join with them !

i just keep praying that Gaia will keep the weather kind, and thank Her......

loving blessings, add <3

Eta Huinya said:

I love the waters, the winds, the earth, and all the creatures in no particular order.

I do seem to have a very strong connection to water even though I don't try to influence or control it. The sounds, smells, and all that goes with water can quickly send me off into a deep transcendental state if I let it.

When I worked on the ocean when I was younger I loved storms. The raw and unbridled power and beauty of them always made me realize just how insignificant we all really are in the grand scheme of life.

The Rains came early this year in Spain (August) it was so invigorating to stand naked in the cool rain and be blest with the wind !! But, I have to admit that hurried inside when the Lightening and thunder started !!! Lightening loves my house and sure enough it hit it again!!!
My thoughts at this time though are with all those affected by Irma...

Love you
Silent...

Yes, my prayers go out to everyone affected by the wild weather !

and your house, omg lol...does your energy attract the lightning maybe ?

loooove you !!!

addy

Silent Silver Moon Owl said:

The Rains came early this year in Spain (August) it was so invigorating to stand naked in the cool rain and be blest with the wind !! But, I have to admit that hurried inside when the Lightening and thunder started !!! Lightening loves my house and sure enough it hit it again!!!
My thoughts at this time though are with all those affected by Irma...

Love you
Silent...

I don't think it's my power addy, I haven't got any right now LOL !! but maybe the powers that be are trying to tell me something eh?

much love
Silent...

possibly....but one day maybe you might explore your connections to elementals...

i think you may have an affinity for fire and earth.

much love, addy xoxoxoxoxoxo

Silent Silver Moon Owl said:

I don't think it's my power addy, I haven't got any right now LOL !! but maybe the powers that be are trying to tell me something eh?

much love
Silent...

Hi, Silent! Good to feel your wonderful spirit again!

As for Lightning, I've always had a strong relation with it. For a while, our house would get the brunt of it when the electrical system would go down, and then "surge" back on. We've had computers, TVs, and other electrical devices go "blooey!"

Of course, I learned to use "surge protectors" and the electrical company fixed its problems, and (knocks on wood) we haven't gotten zapped for quite a while.

One thing I do during Lightning storms is light a candle to the great Diana (queen of storms) and ask her protection.

Lately, I've been learning about the Spirits of Electricity and Fire! They are fascinating!

"I am a genie. You may wonder what that really means. . .Well, first of all, I am not from or of your world. I live in a dimension of fire and light. I am basically a fire spirit. Just so you know, we genies are alive. We don't experience life as you do, but we are living, thinking creatures.

"You humans take us genies for granted. Most of you have very little idea of the tremendous service that we provide for your kind. Everything in your world that is of a fiery or electrical nature is administrated by a genie or djinn assigned to that function. Without us, your world as you know it would cease to exist. Even the very sun that is the source of life and nourishment for your planet is a mighty Djinn."

–from 1, 2, 3, Your Wish is Granted by Genie (through Max Rose)

There is a great Podcast by this author being interviewed...you might enjoy listening to it if you want to learn about Genie's as fire/electrical spirits and how to work with them.

Here is the Podcast:
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/monamagick/2012/09/16/your-wish-is-gra...

JUST ONE MORE THING: There could also be a problem with the house not being "grounded." That would be something to take up with the landlord...but here's some info about that:
http://homeguides.sfgate.com/ways-prevent-house-getting-struck-ligh...

Funny you should say that addy. I do have an affinity with earth and fire. Indeed my first name IS earthy named after a tree. Fire, well I have a great deal of respect for fire and use it with caution.
Much love sweetheart
Silent...

Hi T.W. Thank you sweetheart..

Turquoise Water said:
Hi, Silent! Good to feel your wonderful spirit again!

"As for Lightning, I've always had a strong relation with it. For a while, our house would get the brunt of it when the electrical system would go down, and then "surge" back on. We've had computers, TVs, and other electrical devices go "blooey!
Of course, I learned to use "surge protectors" and the electrical company fixed its problems, and (knocks on wood) we haven't gotten zapped for quite a while."

Sure thing T.W.. Surge protectors was first on the agenda when I moved here. Electric was going down on almost a daily basis. It has improved since the early days.

One thing I do during Lightning storms is light a candle to the great Diana (queen of storms) and ask her protection.

YEP. candles are always in arms distance but Hehehe I use them so I don't fall over the dogs or stab my toes on the bed base !!!

Lately, I've been learning about the Spirits of Electricity and Fire! They are fascinating!

"I am a genie. You may wonder what that really means. . .Well, first of all, I am not from or of your world. I live in a dimension of fire and light. I am basically a fire spirit. Just so you know, we genies are alive. We don't experience life as you do, but we are living, thinking creatures.

"You humans take us genies for granted. Most of you have very little idea of the tremendous service that we provide for your kind. Everything in your world that is of a fiery or electrical nature is administrated by a genie or djinn assigned to that function. Without us, your world as you know it would cease to exist. Even the very sun that is the source of life and nourishment for your planet is a mighty Djinn."

–from 1, 2, 3, Your Wish is Granted by Genie (through Max Rose)

There is a great Podcast by this author being interviewed...you might enjoy listening to it if you want to learn about Genie's as fire/electrical spirits and how to work with them.

Here is the Podcast:
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/monamagick/2012/09/16/your-wish-is-gra...

Thanks for the link, will have a look at that one in a minute or two.

JUST ONE MORE THING: There could also be a problem with the house not being "grounded." That would be something to take up with the landlord...but here's some info about that:
http://homeguides.sfgate.com/ways-prevent-house-getting-struck-ligh...

Useful link T.W. problem here is that NOTHING is earthed. All the plugs are two pronged (No earth)!!!

Although the washing machine programme went haywire, I left it for a week and it seems to have reprogrammed itself, so that was good news. Usually ALL my plugs are taken out of their sockets during storms, this time though I was unprepared for it! The little storms are fine but when a "Gota fria" burst forth, that's when The lightening "finds me"!!

Much, much love
Silent...

Interesting Addy and greetings all. Recently, as the severe weather/elemental imbalance on the planet became apparent to me, I started using the lemniscate and the word harmony as a decree towards restoring that balance.

I don't think I can do it on my own but I do think that collectively we definitely can, and I believe the benevolent unseen forces around us side with us when we make an effort.

Hi Namaia !!

i am a firm believer in communing with all of the unseen forces around us, and to ask them to be gentle with us if possible......

and to regularly offer them something personal of us, in "an exchange of selves" ..which is  hard to explain, but if you think about it, i'm sure you'll think of the something that's absolutely right that is only between you and them : )

much much love, and working together for this !

addy xoxox

Namaia Hirsult Nicaia said:

Interesting Addy and greetings all. Recently, as the severe weather/elemental imbalance on the planet became apparent to me, I started using the lemniscate and the word harmony as a decree towards restoring that balance.

I don't think I can do it on my own but I do think that collectively we definitely can, and I believe the benevolent unseen forces around us side with us when we make an effort.

RSS

Ads

What's New?

Daniel Rønjom loved 729's discussion Nothing of Significance Will Occur Come September 23rd
36 minutes ago
Daniel Rønjom replied to 729's discussion Nothing of Significance Will Occur Come September 23rd
"Start to work hard what you are good at and what you love to do <3"
37 minutes ago
Altheya loved Keazzi's photo
1 hour ago
☙ḲḭḲḭ❧ and Keazzi are now friends
2 hours ago
Angelic ~ star ~ love replied to Angelic ~ star ~ love's discussion Offering One Question Card Readings
"Thank you Gallant , Haha yeah I love that statement I fear no evil and walk with Death. Death…"
2 hours ago
Gallant Warrior replied to Angelic ~ star ~ love's discussion Offering One Question Card Readings
2 hours ago
Jelly posted discussions
2 hours ago
Profile IconExo News

Lawsuit Reveals the NSA Received 29 “Extraterrestrial Messages” From Space A Long Time Ago

By Arjun Walia, September 18, 2017 (collective-evolution.com) • In a possible response to a message… See More
3 hours ago
Aishwarya Isabella commented on Aishwarya Isabella's status
"Thank you so much, you are a beautiful soul :) I appreciate your kind words, I am truly grateful…"
3 hours ago
☙ḲḭḲḭ❧ loved Keazzi's photo
3 hours ago
☙ḲḭḲḭ❧ loved Keazzi's photo
3 hours ago
Keazzi posted photos
3 hours ago

© 2017   Created by Yshatar Anshar El.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service