_

years ago i decided to dare to look critically into the mirror because i knew i would never grow without it....to walk my talk !
.....i forced myself to accept all aspects of my shadow self, the good the bad the very very ugly...
to forgive myself for these things, knowing that they stemmed from my background ( this life or past lives),
but that anything going forward would be because I chose it !

This helped me let recognise, and to work seriously hard to let go, of things that i learned were born out of ego or pride, or past hurts...to recognise that rages and grudges were rooted in these....
then to embrace and accept my "dark" thoughts, to channel them or to release them as being no longer needed...
to deeper understand rather than fear the melancholy beauty of Life-Death-Rebirth ( the frequent visits from my late father helped reinforce the Truth for me, of the never-ending cycle).......in fact, i think it even opened me up more for the next phases of development, and being able to tap into "spirit" better in meditation and telepathic messages.
then, when Ekate came to me with the death/rebirth then Gatekeeper Task, i was more or less ready.

i could breather more freely.....even daily life is so much simpler when we don't take things personally and let them slide off our backs, since ego is no longer such a huge parasite. It never goes away, we do have to retain a certain amount of pride, and we are still ( mostly) human, but we will have better judgement and we can discard the chaff.

with love, addy

please do check out the whole article, i pray it helps some people sort things out.....

https://lonerwolf.com/shadow-self/

Shadow Self: Embracing Your Inner Darkness

by Mateo Sol

excerpts:

Thus, the dark shadow traits that we all possess accumulate in the corners of our unconscious minds, never becoming adequately integrated into our conscious minds because we never see our split state in the first place (due to our psychological ‘defence mechanisms‘). And so we continue on accumulating these dark desires, motivations and fears.

This can be dangerous. Through observing many of our soulwork students for example, I’ve come across certain individuals who have allowed their Shadow Selves to accumulate for so long that they’ve erupted and overpowered the person through depression or an unconscious accident that ended up manifesting their inner “Monsters“. This can lead to physical, emotional, psychological and interpersonal consequences that can last for a very long time......................
................................Basically, the repression of our negative traits or emotions in society is one of the biggest barriers in any persons journey towards Self-Loveand living authentically. How can you completely and whole-heartedly accept who you are if there are sides of yourself that you’re too afraid to explore?
Don’t get me wrong, the idea of the “Shadow Self” doesn’t only apply to psychology. Many ancient Shamanic teachings, including the ones I was taught in, involved the preparation towards an illness or a spiritual death (by ascending into your own darkness or “Shadow Self”), and being reborn in an attempt to provide you with the experience and insight to heal yourself and bring that healing wisdom to the people of your tribe.

Views: 219

Replies to This Discussion

I have worked with victims of crime and abuse, and I always wondered how someone could be so evil to put others through so much pain. When I was thrown into darkness myself, there were moments of helplessness, and once I just let go because I couldn't fight what was already there, a strange immunity came over me. The darkness began to lend me strength, and it became beautiful. The person who lend darkness then became the facilitator of something I always needed, and almost a bliss like feeling came over me.
If we are able to find our spiritual core, our center, it does not matter which situation we are in, all of it becomes the same to us, good or bad, and in time our reactionary ways or momentary excitements soon turn to neutrality , detachment and compassion. We might then begin to love darkness as the most beautiful experience we have ever had.

thank you Eta <3
sadly i cannot get the video " in my country", but i got the lyrics for anyone else in the same boat....so screamingly heartbreaking .......

and imho, the best place to put what little funds i have for charity is for kids...in my case, for street kids...their lot is not of their own making....bless them all.....

much love, addy

Hell Is for Children
They cry in the dark
So you can't see their tears
They hide in the light
So you can't see their fears
Forgive and forget
All the while
Love and pain become one and the same
In the eyes of a wounded child
Because hell, hell is for children
And you know that their little lives can become such a mess
Hell, hell is for children
And you shouldn't have to pay for your love
With your bones and your flesh
It's all so confusing this brutal abusing
They blacken your eyes and then apologize
Be daddy's good girl, and don't tell mommy a thing
Be a good little boy, and you'll get a new toy
Tell grandma you fell from the swing
Because hell, hell is for children
And you know that their little lives can become such a mess
Hell, hell… Full lyrics on Google Play Music

Eta Huinya said:

so many kinds of darkness....i agree with you Angelic....from my own experience, once we stop violently struggling and sink in, sometimes the darkness is shockingly soft and forgiving ....

then one can regroup one's emotions and start over with different goal posts and positive action.....and thereby bring some measure of comfort.

much love, addy

Angelic ~ star ~ love said:

I have worked with victims of crime and abuse, and I always wondered how someone could be so evil to put others through so much pain. When I was thrown into darkness myself, there were moments of helplessness, and once I just let go because I couldn't fight what was already there, a strange immunity came over me. The darkness began to lend me strength, and it became beautiful. The person who lend darkness then became the facilitator of something I always needed, and almost a bliss like feeling came over me.
If we are able to find our spiritual core, our center, it does not matter which situation we are in, all of it becomes the same to us, good or bad, and in time our reactionary ways or momentary excitements soon turn to neutrality , detachment and compassion. We might then begin to love darkness as the most beautiful experience we have ever had.

Hi, Angelic,
I really admire you for working with those who have experienced crime and abuse....that takes a special kind of courage.

For myself, I don't really believe in the concept of absolute evil. I do believe that people act in ignorant or reactive ways, sometimes habitually. Other times, when children are abused, they protect themselves by going into a trance. If they grow into an adult, they can trance-out without realizing it and repeat the abuse on others. This is why it is so important to be as conscious as one can be. Trance can be used, but with conscious intent.

There really can be many reasons that people hurt other people. Usually these people lack empathy or have suppressed their feelings for many years. Sometimes people who suppress their desires for a long time find themselves beset by periods of feeling uncontrollable. Other times, there is brain damage or chemical imbalance, some of which may be genetic. I could go on, but this is a subject for psychological study.

Basically, causing undue pain to others on purpose (without remorse) is a sickness. May healing come to all who are afflicted by this sickness! For the good of all, according to free will.

I have worked with victims of crime and abuse, and I always wondered how someone could be so evil to put others through so much pain.

Ah TW : )
I don't often disagree with you, but that's what discussion's for ain't it lol <3 i do believe in true evil, not from demons or devil, but from humans. Humans bring the true evil....i think even so-called "demon hauntings" are just the same evil humans without a body, who refuse to move on .... Yes, i agree that they may ( or may not) have been warped by experiences in one life or another, but everyone has free will. Empathy or no, they know when they are hurting someone else....therefore often hide their moral or legal crimes, because they do know. I know people who have been raised with emotional and/or physical abuse, who have risen above it, have become more compassionate, having learned from their parents what NOT to do. But others use their histories as excuses, even hoping to be acquitted and forgiven for unspeakable horrors! The 2 abusers i know, knew exactly what they were doing...they were extremely intelligent....and their spouses looked on, happy that they weren't the victims, i guess.
Some people are sick, one can say that anyone who hurts another intentionally is sick...but the vast majority of people who commit crimes against children know full well what they do, do it anyway, enjoy it, repeat it, and hide it.
even the Vatican hides it ...and is allowed to !
This must be sick, but it is also true evil.

My gatekeeper teachings say there is no punishment or hell..there is only debriefing and learning in order to evolve....
often, it's a pity imho.....
much love, addy

Reply by Turquoise Water 3 hours ago
Delete
Hi, Angelic,
I really admire you for working with those who have experienced crime and abuse....that takes a special kind of courage.

For myself, I don't really believe in the concept of absolute evil. I do believe that people act in ignorant or reactive ways, sometimes habitually. Other times, when children are abused, they protect themselves by going into a trance. If they grow into an adult, they can trance-out without realizing it and repeat the abuse on others. This is why it is so important to be as conscious as one can be. Trance can be used, but with conscious intent.

I found Eckhart Tolle´s explanation of the shadow as the emotional Pain Body to be the clearest and easiest for me to see and understand. Just calling it the shadow always made it invisible for me. Must say that depression was the most helpful for me in seeing this and also for clearing it. Understanding how the shadow is created from pain and how it feeds on pain explains a lot....it explains why people hurt themselves and why they hurt others.. this link has a good explanation..

http://www.detoxifynow.com/et_pain_body.html

http://www.secretsofshinypeople.com/harness-the-power-of-your-period/ In his bookTolle goes on to speak about how the shadow or emotional pain body carries generational pain in women...
harness the powers of your period for good! From: A New Earth (Awakening to Your Life’s Purpose)
Pages 154-157. He speaks about “The Collective Female Pain-Body”:

“Almost every woman has her share in the collective female pain-body, which tends to become activated particularly just prior to the time of menstruation. At that time many women become overwhelmed by intense negative emotion.

The suppression of the feminine principle especially over the past two thousand years has enabled the ego to gain absolute supremacy in the collective human psyche.

Nobody knows the exact figure because records were not kept, but it seems certain that during a three-hundred year period between three and five million women were tortured and killed by the ‘Holy Inquisition’, an institution founded by the Roman Catholic Church to suppress heresy. This surely ranks together with the Holocaust as one of the darkest chapters in human history. It was enough for a woman to show a love for animals, walk alone in the fields or woods, or gather medicinal plants to be branded a witch, then tortured and burned at the stake. The sacred feminine was declared demonic, and an entire dimension largely disappeared from human experience. Other cultures and religions, such as Judaism, Islam, and even Buddhism, also suppressed the female dimension, although in a less violent way. Women’s status was reduced to being child bearers and men’s property. Males who denied the feminine even within themselves were now running the world, a world that was totally out of balance. The rest is history or rather a case history of insanity.

We now have a situation in which the suppression of the feminine has become internalized, even in most women. The sacred feminine, because it is suppressed, is felt by many women as emotional pain. In fact, it has become part of their pain-body, together with accumulated pain suffered by women over millennia through childbirth, rape, slavery, torture, and violent death.”

http://www.secretsofshinypeople.com/harness-the-power-of-your-period/

a key to dissolving this is simply to observe it without identifying with this shadow aspect..
http://www.oprah.com/own-a-new-earth/awakening-exercise-dissolving-...

wow, LL....that oprah article is really succinct and, i think, often accurate. If one is honest with oneself, it's the first step toward taking control of one's own life.

and...i like this: "Understanding how the shadow is created from pain and how it feeds on pain explains a lot."

but what we consciously decide to do with this understanding is what defines us.

thank you dear dear LL......

much love, addy xoxox

Living Light said:

I found Eckhart Tolle´s explanation of the shadow as the emotional Pain Body to be the clearest and easiest for me to see and understand. Just calling it the shadow always made it invisible for me. Must say that depression was the most helpful for me in seeing this and also for clearing it. Understanding how the shadow is created from pain and how it feeds on pain explains a lot....it explains why people hurt themselves and why they hurt others.. this link has a good explanation..

<snipped>......

adeomus said:

so many kinds of darkness....i agree with you Angelic....from my own experience, once we stop violently struggling and sink in, sometimes the darkness is shockingly soft and forgiving ....

then one can regroup one's emotions and start over with different goal posts and positive action.....and thereby bring some measure of comfort.

much love, addy

That's true, once we stop struggling we find our inner strength somewhere, and it's stronger than any reactive ways we adopt to cope with stress. Darkness can be comforting, and this might sound odd, but one then begins to realize stronger the darkness , stronger one can find their own inner light in it. Then it almost becomes like a thrill to embrace inner darkness and very powerful transformations begin. Pain then truly feels like an illusion, not just for the one who has been the victim but the energy extends to all those who witness the transformation itself.
Like Nisargadatta Maharaj said in ' I am that'
" Too many people are turning their backs on their material selves: their bodies; their physical needs’; their animal nature.

Let me tell you something: nothing is not spiritual. Everything IS spiritual. Yes, even money. Sex. Death. Disease. Depression."

Turquoise Water said:
Hi, Angelic,

There really can be many reasons that people hurt other people. Usually these people lack empathy or have suppressed their feelings for many years. Sometimes people who suppress their desires for a long time find themselves beset by periods of feeling uncontrollable. Other times, there is brain damage or chemical imbalance, some of which may be genetic. I could go on, but this is a subject for psychological study.

Basically, causing undue pain to others on purpose (without remorse) is a sickness. May healing come to all who are afflicted by this sickness! For the good of all, according to free will.

I have worked with victims of crime and abuse, and I always wondered how someone could be so evil to put others through so much pain.

Hi TW,

I agree people who cause others pain have lots of tough learning to go through. There is no way justifying what they do to hurt another. This is from the perspective of someone who has been victimized and has been able to let go , forgive and find healing for self and even the another through their personal experiences.
People go through horrendous abuse, there is no excuse for that, and those lessons are very tough lessons because it's only between the victim and the perpetrator , and they know the harsh lessons they undergo through it and only they can come out of it. It's rare that two people in a very abusive partnership, are able to find freedom and love and let go of the past as equals in the spiritual sense. But at least one person can find it if not another, and one person can be free while the other has harsh lessons to undergo themselves.
Indeed so much happens in our societies all over the world, many people do need help. There is a need for strong community and support, but unfortunately not every person is able to find the needed support / family or sense of community during times of distress. That's why there is so much unhappiness in the world. We just are not always there for those who need help. It's a lot of things, not just the people who abuse and get abused, but in the larger spectrum of things too, our societies/ communties also need radical changes.

I can soo identify with everything you're saying Angelic....and
yes, definitely...EVERYthing is spirit-ual.....stemming from a spirit.
for better or worse, i guess.......some are a lot more enlightened than others.
much love, addy

That's true, once we stop struggling we find our inner strength somewhere, and it's stronger than any reactive ways we adopt to cope with stress. Darkness can be comforting, and this might sound odd, but one then begins to realize stronger the darkness , stronger one can find their own inner light in it. Then it almost becomes like a thrill to embrace inner darkness and very powerful transformations begin. Pain then truly feels like an illusion, not just for the one who has been the victim but the energy extends to all those who witness the transformation itself.
Like Nisargadatta Maharaj said in ' I am that'
" Too many people are turning their backs on their material selves: their bodies; their physical needs’; their animal nature.

Let me tell you something: nothing is not spiritual. Everything IS spiritual. Yes, even money. Sex. Death. Disease. Depression."

just got this in a newsletter from the Order of Bards, Ovates, and Druids

too beautiful not to share ........

much love, addy <3

duck

'To be hopeful in bad times is not just foolishly romantic. It is based on the fact that human history is a history not only of cruelty, but also of compassion, sacrifice, courage, kindness.
What we choose to emphasize in this complex history will determine our lives. If we see only the worst, it destroys our capacity to do something. If we remember those times and places—and there are so many—where people have behaved magnificently, this gives us the energy to act, and at least the possibility of sending this spinning top of a world in a different direction.
And if we do act, in however small a way, we don’t have to wait for some grand Utopian future. The future is an infinite succession of presents, and to live now as we think human beings should live, in defiance of all that is bad around us, is itself a marvelous victory.'
~ Howard Zinn

RSS

Ads

What's New?

Nāscī loved Plejaren Pyramids's discussion starseeds chatroom
22 minutes ago
Turquoise Water replied to Turquoise Water's discussion Lucifer in the group Sorcerous Beings, Mixed and in the Cracks ?
"so many people blindly follow today with their entrenched cognitive dissonance....members of my…"
37 minutes ago
Turquoise Water loved Tombe's discussion Sweden srubs CO2 from atmosphere
44 minutes ago
Aamir is now friends with Ramon and Boaz Abel
1 hour ago
Omnicentrist posted a video

Archon Control Matrix Over Vatican - Reality of Soul Farms - Ex Minister, Jeff Daugherty

The Archon Control MatrixIs there such a thing as Soul Suckers? Do Soul Farms exist? If so, where do we go after this physical life form? If there are people...
3 hours ago
Quantum Light posted a video

Locking Down Your Inner Space and Holding Your Field

How to unlock and secure your inner space, how to connect and integrate with your Soul Council and how to crystallize your energy field to correctly project ...
4 hours ago
Midrash replied to JD's discussion Who am I?
"Who are you? :P"
5 hours ago
Midrash posted videos
5 hours ago
Steve Hutchinson commented on Steve Hutchinson's group Spiritual Growth
"The Core of Creation Chamber By Natalie Glasson The Temple of Creation within the Crystalline…"
5 hours ago
Steve Hutchinson posted a discussion
5 hours ago
Profile IconExo News

Historian Explains How Donald Trump May Be “Checkmated” By the National Security Community

by Arjun Walia     November 7, 2017      (collective-evolution.com) • In an interview with… See More
6 hours ago
Simon posted a status
"Shine the Love <3"
6 hours ago

© 2017   Created by Yshatar Anshar El.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service