Why positive affirmations don't work (science prove)

Views: 409

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I find myself saying this quite frequently because it really is a widly neglected concept. Balance will always be key. Those with self-esteem high enough can be jist as hindering as those with low self-esteem, they do not grow, because they see no need to change or better themselves. The importance lies in both. Furthermore if you correlate this with an workings of magick the second test done in this article will show the correlation, before anything can be made into a positive energy, it must be cleansed of its negative. But like i said, balance is always key

That's some bad science (I wouldn't call psychological studies "science", though). They do work, because you will constantly remind yourself to focus on your goal. Inevitably. Can you argue with this? No.

Jagdolj Erminident said:

That's some bad science (I wouldn't call psychological studies "science", though). They do work, because you will constantly remind yourself to focus on your goal. Inevitably. Can you argue with this? No.

It is quite subjective. They didn't really go into the depth of the study either; the demographics including groups, amount of ppl for representation, etc.
Eh I think it depends on each individual. The problem is that despite so many years of people researching the human mind and their emotions, wrote tons of books, they will never truly come to an end nor final conclusion. Because our minds are infinite... our feelings are complicated and vary on each person. You can't push every person that think and speak a certain way into one box, then the others into a different box. You can have all these MBTI tests out there, horoscopes, know their each persons pasts, weaknesses, strenghts, and whatnot, yet, noone will ever truly know how a persons mind work detailed. There may be some people out there whose simple narrow minds work similar; then there are those who have greater minds that think alike, however, one can never speak about ONE subject for majority of people... like in this case: "why positive affirmations don't work". Perhaps they should have been more specific and mention that those with simple yet weak minds with low self esteem do not wish to hear anyone praise them nor mention their strenghts, as their subconsciousness will believe it to be a sweet lie. Because to say that a confident person would accept a praise with ease and make them feel good, is stupid! I am a confident person, however, I do NOT accept praises easily. I know when someone bluffs to make you feel better, and when someone means it and speaks the truth. Thus making this silly theory flawed. But this is just my theory and my thoughts about this subject. Someone else can see it wayyyy different. So noone is ever right nor wrong. We all see things from different perspectives, thus making our truth, the real truth. Just this fact proves how we will never truly understand psychology fully. It's too complicated.

I believe that a lot of positive affirmations don't work because we have to believe what we are saying. It has to come from our subconscious. Just repeating a positive saying over and over won't necessarily make it happen until we change the thought process in our subconscious mind, then the change can take place.

You can say "I am lovable", but if you don't really believe that you deserve to be loved, you will not attract love into your life.

When you keep saying it, you will eventually make it subconscious, i hope you know that, doing something over and over and over and over will eventually become like self brainwash

ann said:

I believe that a lot of positive affirmations don't work because we have to believe what we are saying. It has to come from our subconscious. Just repeating a positive saying over and over won't necessarily make it happen until we change the thought process in our subconscious mind, then the change can take place.

You can say "I am lovable", but if you don't really believe that you deserve to be loved, you will not attract love into your life.

ann said:

Exactly! Which is why "belief work" can be helpful if one is resisting an Affirmation that one WANTS TO believe in. ;-)

Do you have a vendetta against positive things? Lol I'm joking xD

Affirmations have worked really well for me. It may be the placebo affect, but I had good results. There are always scientific studies both for and against certain things. I guess it's different for each person though ^-^

To me the article seems to focus solely on self affirmations which is an extremely important fact that is being overlooked.

From experience I can attest to just how ineffective positive self affirmations can be no matter how long or how many times they are repeated. The reason why is simple, the negative self affirmations. It didn't matter how much I said I wanted to be loved when deep in my mind I didn't believe I was good enough for love. It wasn't until I was able to at least mentally believe in the possibility that the positive self affirmations really worked.

For me the only positive affirmations that were ever truly effective were the ones from others, especially from strangers because they were real.

There are alot of articles with "science prove". Science is everything that have been tested for a very, very long time, on alot of subjects... not just a few.
If you don't believe the affirmations you tell, they will not work. Belief is a strong weapon. And you must not rely only on positive affirmations, but also on other types of psychological healings too. If you don't believe what you say about yourself, and if you don't heal your mind... your positive affirmations are useless; but if you believe what you say and have a healthy mind, then it will work. It is not only about the affirmations, but about the belief system and mind health too... these are powerful weapons. The belief can change the planet.

Well, politicians always say everything is fine and good.

Therrae Majistrere said:

There are alot of articles with "science prove". Science is everything that have been tested for a very, very long time, on alot of subjects... not just a few.
If you don't believe the affirmations you tell, they will not work. Belief is a strong weapon. And you must not rely only on positive affirmations, but also on other types of psychological healings too. If you don't believe what you say about yourself, and if you don't heal your mind... your positive affirmations are useless; but if you believe what you say and have a healthy mind, then it will work. It is not only about the affirmations, but about the belief system and mind health too... these are powerful weapons. The belief can change the planet.

Dean said:

May the force guide you Jedirealism. May the 4th be with you:D

You're kind of a goofy dude. Has anybody told you that before? :P

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Ads

What's New?

Daniel Rønjom loved 729's discussion Nothing of Significance Will Occur Come September 23rd
38 minutes ago
Daniel Rønjom replied to 729's discussion Nothing of Significance Will Occur Come September 23rd
"Start to work hard what you are good at and what you love to do <3"
38 minutes ago
Altheya loved Keazzi's photo
1 hour ago
☙ḲḭḲḭ❧ and Keazzi are now friends
2 hours ago
Angelic ~ star ~ love replied to Angelic ~ star ~ love's discussion Offering One Question Card Readings
"Thank you Gallant , Haha yeah I love that statement I fear no evil and walk with Death. Death…"
2 hours ago
Gallant Warrior replied to Angelic ~ star ~ love's discussion Offering One Question Card Readings
2 hours ago
Jelly posted discussions
2 hours ago
Profile IconExo News

Lawsuit Reveals the NSA Received 29 “Extraterrestrial Messages” From Space A Long Time Ago

By Arjun Walia, September 18, 2017 (collective-evolution.com) • In a possible response to a message… See More
3 hours ago
Aishwarya Isabella commented on Aishwarya Isabella's status
"Thank you so much, you are a beautiful soul :) I appreciate your kind words, I am truly grateful…"
3 hours ago
☙ḲḭḲḭ❧ loved Keazzi's photo
3 hours ago
☙ḲḭḲḭ❧ loved Keazzi's photo
3 hours ago
Keazzi posted photos
3 hours ago

© 2017   Created by Yshatar Anshar El.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service