_

Why positive affirmations don't work (science prove)

Views: 468

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I think that the message that you send to the universe asking something to manifest has to have emotions, you have to think of the desired result but also you have to really feel as if it was happening already and get excited about it, I also think the subconscious plays a role too in the law of atraction and sometimes we get what the subconscious wants.

For me, it helps to have a positive line of thought to replace negative thoughts that run over and over in my mind. For instance, if I keep thinking "I am weak, I am getting sick, I am going to get worse with my health..." then I can take a positive affirmation (Like "I am healthy, happy and whole right now") and replace negative thoughts with positive ones. That, in itself, helps calm me and gives me energy.

Affirmations do work if they are combined with other positive actions, at least in my experience. They are also a good beginning to "belief work." That is, if one has no success with an affirmation, it is a signal to examine your beliefs and see where they are conflicting with what you are affirming.


The author of the article that is mentioned suggests neutral statements or amending overly ambitious statements so that one's beliefs can be altered in a gradual and gentle way. I think that's a form of belief work and makes a lot of sense to me. Especially if you find yourself resisting a positive statement.

Also, I don't make affirmations about "I am a lovable person" because I know sometimes I am not. However, I do make positive statements of INTENT that are mutual, like "Today, I prosper all I meet; all I meet prosper me." Or, if I am going to the Doctor or Hospital, "Whoever touches me today, touches me with love." That usually charges my whole day with a positive charge. It helps.
If your mental outlook has been shaped by your negative experiences in the past, you will continue the cycle.

This is the true definition of hell, you make your own bed.

If you are not a positive person, then no, positive affirmations will not help you.

Dark or Light, your choice. Be true to yourself. If you are lying to yourself, or others, you are not helping anything.

Keep on focusing on expanding your hatred and credulousness. It will consume you. The built up frustration and vitriol will darken you.

We all love you Jelly. We respect your rights.
You have freedom to make up your own mind. We also respect your right to change your mind.
You sounds like Donald Trump.


Space Snail said:
If your mental outlook has been shaped by your negative experiences in the past, you will continue the cycle.

This is the true definition of hell, you make your own bed.

If you are not a positive person, then no, positive affirmations will not help you.

Dark or Light, your choice. Be true to yourself. If you are lying to yourself, or others, you are not helping anything.

Keep on focusing on expanding your hatred and credulousness. It will consume you. The built up frustration and vitriol will darken you.

We all love you Jelly. We respect your rights.
You have freedom to make up your own mind. We also respect your right to change your mind.

It is the same with everything affirmations, prayer, manifestation or everyday life. It is the emotional energy that is the force behind this..

Perfect! I taught him his majickal powa


Jelly said:
You sounds like Donald Trump.


Space Snail said:
If your mental outlook has been shaped by your negative experiences in the past, you will continue the cycle.

This is the true definition of hell, you make your own bed.

If you are not a positive person, then no, positive affirmations will not help you.

Dark or Light, your choice. Be true to yourself. If you are lying to yourself, or others, you are not helping anything.

Keep on focusing on expanding your hatred and credulousness. It will consume you. The built up frustration and vitriol will darken you.

We all love you Jelly. We respect your rights.
You have freedom to make up your own mind. We also respect your right to change your mind.

Thanks for bumping my posts: http://www.starseeds.net/forum/topics/higher-vibration-is-not-equal...

Living Light said:

It is the same with everything affirmations, prayer, manifestation or everyday life. It is the emotional energy that is the force behind this..

No I mean the way he causes a lot of people to migrate to Canada.

Space Snail said:

Perfect! I taught him his majickal powa


Jelly said:
You sounds like Donald Trump.


Space Snail said:
If your mental outlook has been shaped by your negative experiences in the past, you will continue the cycle.

This is the true definition of hell, you make your own bed.

If you are not a positive person, then no, positive affirmations will not help you.

Dark or Light, your choice. Be true to yourself. If you are lying to yourself, or others, you are not helping anything.

Keep on focusing on expanding your hatred and credulousness. It will consume you. The built up frustration and vitriol will darken you.

We all love you Jelly. We respect your rights.
You have freedom to make up your own mind. We also respect your right to change your mind.

As far as I've seen, people mostly are not even good at selecting the best and most appropriate affirmation for themselves at first place, and it's not just the case of anyone surrounded or clouded with negativity, time and time again I've seen it happening even with people who runs their own websites and professes themselves as a motivational speaker. I've also seen people mostly following the herd even while selecting the affirmations for themselves, they lack the ability to make a decision and hence look for a shortcut and opt for the most famous or trendy affirmations out there or something that is recommended by someone else no matter if it appeals to them or not, instead they should go with what resonates with them the most and stick to it. No doubt patience is the key.

Per the article, I would definitely say go neutral first. There's such a big threshold to cover from negative to positive. As a matter of fact, once you "go neutral", you can just look at your future affirmations as progressive rather than positive. Neutrality is a strong liberating feeling.

Actually it states that positive affirmations work on the positive individuals..this is also down to will power of course.. the depressed have non.. and so obviously it wont work for them..

So what is science proving here exactly? That positive affirmations do not work?
Or they simply missing the point about faith or will power, if you have non..why would affirmations work in the first place..

I think its a great idea to introduce neutral first.. Although it would be more beneficial to tell someone what they really are..Then you can go straight to truth <3 No need for mind games lol:P

May the force guide you Jedirealism. May the 4th be with you:D

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Ads

What's New?

Miss Koytraz (Lilith) replied to Nexis Nemesis's discussion Anyone Else Asked To Pay Money To Be A Member Here?
"I paid too"
24 minutes ago
Simon left a comment for Allas
"Yeah I will sing this whole week :)"
37 minutes ago
Steve Hutchinson left a comment for Kathy Hackney
"I am delighted to welcome you to Int Starseeds Network. Infinite Blessings of Love &…"
1 hour ago
Ramon replied to Starbuck's discussion Attention. Get ready! It's time...
"Thank you for sharing that."
6 hours ago
Profile IconKathy Hackney, Matthew Kennedy and ILIJA_NEO joined Intl. Starseed Network
7 hours ago
Allas left a comment for Simon
"I'm doing okay.. Hey do you sing?? Hope you're doing well, too :)"
7 hours ago
Profile IconExo News

Are ETs Watching Us? — Presentation

Teresa Yanaros of Divine Frequency presents a case for exopolitics regarding the… See More
7 hours ago
Simon left a comment for Allas
"Hello :) hope you are doing well .. super much Love"
7 hours ago
Angelic Star Love replied to Nexis Nemesis's discussion Anyone Else Asked To Pay Money To Be A Member Here?
"Yep I paid as well, I think this is a good move made by the site !"
8 hours ago
Simon loved deer~tears's photo
8 hours ago
Nāscī replied to Nexis Nemesis's discussion Anyone Else Asked To Pay Money To Be A Member Here?
"Paid $1, was a bit confused at first but all is good, I think this community is worth paying. Its a…"
9 hours ago
Tombe replied to Nexis Nemesis's discussion Anyone Else Asked To Pay Money To Be A Member Here?
"I just paid as well. Wish it was in aussie $"
10 hours ago

© 2017   Created by Yshatar Anshar El.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service