This topic has come up quite frequently for me. Many friends, family and even members on this site have had questions or issues, so I figured I’d talk a little about my thoughts on it.

Being a light worker or one who works with energies, it is especially important to shield. Many of us are empaths, there are different degrees of it, but we can easily pick up on other’s energies, whether it be positive or negative. It’s just the way it is.

I have had times that I didn't protect myself and was around certain people that just flat out drained me. We all know there are energy vampires…different levels of this and I do think some are completely aware they are doing this, while others have NO clue they do it.  I know of someone in the circle of friends I have that does this and is completely unaware they are like this. She has many wonderful qualities, but there are times that if I don’t ground and shield, I walk away feeling as though all the life has been sucked from me.

I believe that EVERYONE should practice this on a daily basis. We are all connected energy wise, but as individuals, we are at different frequencies and levels of vibration.  When I spend the day with my best friend, I feel no need to shield from her. We are both at that same level.  When I go to the store, when I know I’ll be around a group of people, or even when I come online, I make sure I am shielded and grounded, otherwise I pick up things and it can have some serious effects.

SO…even though I think most of us know how to do it, I’d still like to offer a few tips for those that need reminders or just don’t know J  Remember the quote (I don’t know who said it) “Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent”. This also goes with energy…nobody can send you negative energies unless you are allowing it!

Grounding

One of the things I do is stand barefoot on the Earth if possible. If not, just standing straight or even sitting in the meditation position. I picture myself like a tree, with my roots connecting deep into Mother Earth. Set your intention to have any unwanted energies flow to Her and also to allow Her energies to flow into you. She is more than happy to help us with this when asked!

Shielding

There are many, many ways on how to shield. Calling in your spirit guides to help protect and shield you is something that should always be done…if you aren't sure who your spirit guides are, I’d suggest meditating and focusing on that. They are here to help us and guide us.

Calling in Archangel Michael, ask him to surround you in protection of his lights. Start with white, then the colors of the rainbow; red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, violet. Then finish with the white light. Imagine each color surrounding your entire physical body.

Using the Mirror Technique. Imagine yourself surrounded by mirrors and anything that is sent towards you is “bounced” off.

Crystals are always great!! Obsidian, black tourmaline, hematite, onyx, black kyanite, and so many more! Just search online for good shielding stones.

One thing I always do, as I do NOT want to send negative energy back towards someone that may be sending it, is I request the energies be sent to Mother Earth to disperse it and transform it into something positive. It’s what she does J

I know there are many other ways of doing this, feel free to share your ideas and what has worked for you..or if you have any questions, ask away!!

Much love and positive energies to you!!!

Views: 2136

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I agree with you Michael. I think it's good to know how to ground and protect for the times when we feel vulnerable, but when we truly get a handle on the reality of who we are then we stand our ground in that totally free and unassailable position..

Sovereignty.

Michael Villanueva said:

dear Wind

I ´d love to add a thing here which I do here and there on this discussion blog since I more and more disagree with the idea of living a life where you were forced to protect & shield yourself. Grounding, yes, of course.

The idea of "Protecting from others" actually is an indirect invitation for being attacked by entities you still want to play with.

Yes, I understand that as empaths, as I am, too, we find ourselves in a planet filled with dense energies which are overwhelming. 

As young childs, we still seemingly channel up all these densities naturally since all channels / chakras are wide open. Actually, we intuitively knew we ARE PROTECTED all the time.

But sooner or later, almost all of us learned to quit in order to fit, since you can imagine how much you scared your parents or friends ith your natural healing abilities..so we "closed" them and simply forgot about our natural ability to channel dense energies up and light energies down to earth.

As a natural result of that, we still acted like sponges, collecting negativity of others, but forgot to let them go through us..so of course, we needed to "protect and shield", but today I see this phase much more as a necessity in order to be trained as empath workers. Why ? How will we ever be able to assist others in their painbodyrelease/ energetic transformation if we haven´t fully studied and experienced it on our own ? I went through all my own negativity, even deepest hate,  still knowing this is NOT my true self but rather a contamination as a natural result of n´being born here. I took it as it was and had a chance to study what it is like to be full of hate (or jealousy, greed, fear of existence and all theses illusoric experiences..)

So as childs, we were like sponges, sucking all these energies up, until we were so full we needed to learn to protect ourselves, yes. That was necessary, but it is not ment to stay a childish vixtim as many of us still do_ this is what ALL humans actually do: I am a victim and need to protect my self from the bad guys because I am more lightful..

hm..yes...and no ! If you really know about your light, why not letting it shine through you as you did as a child ?

I , personally, realised, well, it is MY OWN EGO which likes to play the "lightful being" to protect itself from being cleared by my inner light which knows that it doesn´t need to be protected. The ego is smart, so smart, it will make us think we´re so light while it is much more comfortable to act as a lightworker while we forget to do our inner work first, which means healing our own wounds in order to gewt our own density out. We have the inner knowledge that letting go our own issues is the only task we actually need to do in order to assist the planet (and others) as inspirers, not as healers. So again,  we are not here, as I personally see it, to feel like victims who need to protect themselves as helpless kids while we "heal others"..I belief in selfempowerment which should be our highest goals for ourselves and others as well.

Maybe you have heard of the law of attraction: the universe doesn´t know what you DON`T want. It only supports you in where you put your focus on: where focus goes, energy flows. Protection, to me, is a prayer for more attack, and won´t work the way you may hope. I rather suggest to get more and more transparent as you were as a kid, release your own densities (which WE ALL HAVE TAKEN ON otherwise we´d never have stayed here for so long) and let the divine light glow through your hearts. You CAN`T get drained that way since it is NOT your personal energy but the cosmic love that shines through you. If other "suck from your energy", you CAN`T get drained, since it is not your personal energy :-) GIVE them as much as they want, and you will see, "they" can´t eat and share light if they are stuck in fear. Love is here to be shared, you can´t "steal" it. What "such beings" simply do is they want to pull you down to lower energies and you still ALLOW it to happen. I did so all my life, and it still happens. What I do then is to forgive myself for that and forgive the other one as well. I tell them this is not appropriate and go away but let them do their experience. If I need to release painbodies (be it mine or others), I take a few minutes and CRY. That is my way to inspire others to face their inner issues as well as we did. 

Correct ! I totally agree !

I´d like to add that, of course, a "friendship" always means that you have a commitment to interact with each other.

If you do so, you are responsible for your interactions, be them still unconscious, which we may then call "Drama" (old greek or "play, roleplay", or conscious interactions, which don´t have their focus anymore in disempowering or using or weakening each other. So of course, from a certain point in your life, you will not be able anymore to share interactions even with "old friends" once you realize that the engine of this relationship still is based on Drama.

BUT ! I also see it as part of our "terrestrial mission" to inspire each other and to assist each other, which means, you will always meet people who are seeking to step out of their old Dramapatterns (as we do or did) but still are kept in their wheels..so we may also need to learn to "go forward" and show our friends (at least the ones who are able to resonate) that we change and STOP resonating with Drama issues..That is even more difficult than just leaving disfunctional freindships...Well, we´re all learning, and I for my self, wonder how much Drama I play out ALTHOUGH I can see it :-)

Very good that last one, about not sending negative energy back

Love and light, good article  , it rings a lot of bells

I like what you said, and I agree.  

Michael Villanueva said:

Correct ! I totally agree !

I´d like to add that, of course, a "friendship" always means that you have a commitment to interact with each other.

If you do so, you are responsible for your interactions, be them still unconscious, which we may then call "Drama" (old greek or "play, roleplay", or conscious interactions, which don´t have their focus anymore in disempowering or using or weakening each other. So of course, from a certain point in your life, you will not be able anymore to share interactions even with "old friends" once you realize that the engine of this relationship still is based on Drama.

BUT ! I also see it as part of our "terrestrial mission" to inspire each other and to assist each other, which means, you will always meet people who are seeking to step out of their old Dramapatterns (as we do or did) but still are kept in their wheels..so we may also need to learn to "go forward" and show our friends (at least the ones who are able to resonate) that we change and STOP resonating with Drama issues..That is even more difficult than just leaving disfunctional freindships...Well, we´re all learning, and I for my self, wonder how much Drama I play out ALTHOUGH I can see it :-)

Grounding:

Instead of walking barefoot, I imagine my body surrounded by earth and earthy energy and focus on that for a few minutes.There was also a magic chant. I only used it once, and it kept me really grounded so I didn't need to do it again. 

I turn off all my empathic abilities when I sense negative emotions from an individual coming my way. I cut all the chords because I just don't have the energy to deal with random strangers. 

Protection:

I project quite a few layers of shield. A shiny shield to reflect outright hostile vibes. I have a softer, cell like shield that absorbs some emotions from negative entities to help me understand what is going on. I also project a white force field to get rid of evil entities in my vicinity. I also created some astral balls like Jarvus that work on their own to help defend me. 

Thank you :) Very helpful

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Ads

What's New?

Joseph replied to Paul Smeenis's discussion Petition calling on White House to recognize Antifa as terrorists has 80k+ signatures
21 minutes ago
Bronwyn GOulding left a comment for Jay Vincent Ahih Jaihi Fesaha
47 minutes ago
Akanahe' eh yeDyahlaneeEssassani replied to Paul Smeenis's discussion Petition calling on White House to recognize Antifa as terrorists has 80k+ signatures
53 minutes ago
Chloe Pulsipher loved BlueNight S's discussion You are God, you are the devil.
59 minutes ago
Lady Aquanine replied to Paul Smeenis's discussion Petition calling on White House to recognize Antifa as terrorists has 80k+ signatures
1 hour ago
Akanahe' eh yeDyahlaneeEssassani replied to Paul Smeenis's discussion Petition calling on White House to recognize Antifa as terrorists has 80k+ signatures
1 hour ago
Joseph replied to Paul Smeenis's discussion Petition calling on White House to recognize Antifa as terrorists has 80k+ signatures
1 hour ago
2 hours ago
2 hours ago
2 hours ago
2 hours ago
Black Mamba616 replied to Black Mamba616's discussion andromedan starseeds....
2 hours ago

© 2017   Created by Yshatar Anshar El.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service