The battle against SOPA if far from over so I thought some of you might appreciate this. I was looking for Ning apps for Android and happen to run across this....

Stop SOPA

Boycott SOPA: An Android app that terrifies publishers and politicians

 

 


Armchair activists now have a tool that can transport their SOPA protestations into the real world: Boycott SOPA, an Android app that scans barcodes and tells you whether an object’s manufacturer/publisher is a supporter of the much maligned Stop Online Piracy Act.

Found the app here. We have a Droid II here I'm gonna try it on. I wonder how much those companies that support SOPA really notice when people use an app like this ? I love it !

Tags: Android, Google, SOPA, cell, phone

Views: 358

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I gotta say it works awesome ! lol. I just installed it and have been scanning everything in sight lol. Now SOPA in this home :P

Thanks so much for sharing! :) What an awesome idea.

I just looked and there's a chrome app too: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/gagmjmoimnkgoijihaaeodbef...

Firefox addon: http://www.nubesoft.com/

OH YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!

There's one for Firefox too. Just go to Tools > Addons and search for SOPA. Works great.

Thank you. I'll be passing this on to all my Occupy groups. <3 much love.

So far so good, no SOPA support in my home. Oh wait...I do have all those CD's :s

I guess I can pass that off as being even, got some good pirates too :P

Glad you all like that, I'm gonna pass that around to other I know also. Will look into the FF add-on later.

We are StarSeeds! We are Legion! Expect Us!  lol xD

Hey Walks With Greys, I wanted to post this link as you may find interest. It's one of my favorite Linux related blogs: http://linuxlock.blogspot.com/2012/01/we-will-be-heard-now.html

On this date, at approximately 8:31 PM CST, the petition requesting that Chris Dodd be investigated for bribery was validated by the required 25,000 signatures....

Thanks, I that's pretty interesting, didn't know about that. I tried to log into my account to sign that and it wouldn't let me, I finally got it to sign in but couldn't get anywhere. Oh well...

Gonna bookmark that Linux blog also ;-)

StarSunflower said:

Hey Walks With Greys, I wanted to post this link as you may find interest. It's one of my favorite Linux related blogs: http://linuxlock.blogspot.com/2012/01/we-will-be-heard-now.html

On this date, at approximately 8:31 PM CST, the petition requesting that Chris Dodd be investigated for bribery was validated by the required 25,000 signatures....

Righton, that Helios guy (Ken Starks) is super cool. He has a program to donate Linux PCs to low income kids. He donated a copy of "The World of Goo" for my son and I to play together, heehee. :)

Walks With Greys said:

Thanks, I that's pretty interesting, didn't know about that. I tried to log into my account to sign that and it wouldn't let me, I finally got it to sign in but couldn't get anywhere. Oh well...

Gonna bookmark that Linux blog also ;-)

StarSunflower said:

Hey Walks With Greys, I wanted to post this link as you may find interest. It's one of my favorite Linux related blogs: http://linuxlock.blogspot.com/2012/01/we-will-be-heard-now.html

On this date, at approximately 8:31 PM CST, the petition requesting that Chris Dodd be investigated for bribery was validated by the required 25,000 signatures....

Ken Starks o.O..that name sounds familiar for some reason. That's awesome he does that, it seems to me that there are a lot of people/companies involved with Linux that are involved with computer donation programs for children, you don't see Microlimp doing that. Yet one more reason I love Linux :)

StarSunflower said:

Righton, that Helios guy (Ken Starks) is super cool. He has a program to donate Linux PCs to low income kids. He donated a copy of "The World of Goo" for my son and I to play together, heehee. :)

I don't know about all this "stop SOPA" stuff. I mean, step back for a minute and realize what this is doing to your reality right now. There is a big red stop sign, with a mob type background scene showing several raised hands. Your brain is downloading this image and storing it. 

Resistance is a self feeding entity - Ekhart Tolle

RSS

Ads

What's New?

conscious observer joined Ancient spirit's group
Thumbnail

The Mystery School

Ever since atlantis and later on greece and egypt there has been mystery schools to teach the…See More
8 minutes ago
Profile IconJulio Gonzalez, Christina Lee, MrNick and 3 more joined Intl. Starseed Network
10 minutes ago
conscious observer joined AMBA,'s group
Thumbnail

ASCENDED MASTERS TEACHING

This is a group about ascended masters- beings who has become self-realized and serves humanity and…See More
12 minutes ago
Profile IconShambhavi A. Puranik, Daniel Rønjom and Michelle joined Acyutãnanda's group
Thumbnail

Vegan & Vegetarian Starseeds

For those on plant, nut, grain, seed, legume, fruit based diets.Discuss recipes, health &…See More
13 minutes ago
conscious observer joined Acyutãnanda's group
Thumbnail

Angel Group

A group to share experiences with and information about Angels.See More
14 minutes ago
conscious observer joined Daniel Antares's group
Thumbnail

Faerie and Elementals

This place is for anyone interested on getting acquainted or more knowledgeable about the realm of…See More
18 minutes ago
El Magnificat loved Steve Hutchinson's profile
27 minutes ago

© 2015   Created by Yshatar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service