Just wondering if anyone else on here is like me in the fact that they react badly to harsh words or sometimes even just blunt words and even when someone is not being mean you still react sensitively? Because I have that issue, actually I've always had this issue - I guess I was born with it, I take everything either seriously or react way too sensitively towards it.

I've been told numerous times that I'm too hypersensitive and to stop and change this, but I can't stop as it's something that's a part of me. 

I've heard that its a starseed thing - especially from those from higher realms but I just wanted to clarify to make sure. 

Tags: Reaction, Sensitivity

Views: 998

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

To be fair, I was not implying that insecurity is the cause of all pain. If you read that part again, I was referring specifically to pain caused by upsetting words. This pain is mind/ego based, and can be traced to insecurity/fear. So I think we're on the same page there - no disagreement :) .

Injustice is different from the defensive nature of the mind/ego. Injustice can be heart based, in contrast to the defensive ego.

And yes, you are right - understanding and empathizing with negative action doesn't justify it.

*smiles* hi musuhi <3

you said "Still, I don't understand how can I remain calm when I see it harms not only me but also people dear to me"...

i completely feel you...it hurts me much more when someone i love is hurt, than when i am.

sadly i have had way too much experience over 6 decades, of needing to learn how to handle things...but i have learned.

Imho it's a matter of eventually becoming confident and experienced enough to know when and what to say, to finish them off, once and for all. Make it as brief as possible for the most impact. Practice if you want !

in my experience, it's best in front of witnesses because bullies are cowards and will fear saying anything to you and yours in future..they'll go elsewhere for their fix.

..Or...this will also send them somewhere else if they cannot bait you :    To know when to blow it off with a lingering condescending look and a raised eyebrow, and let them hang there exposing themselves to the world for what they are. *smiles*...practice in a mirror.

it's also knowing what to say, in either case, to the dear ones who are hurt... reassure them that they are deeply loved, and that the offender has private  issues that have nothing to do with them...that they act like that because they may not have enough love in their lives or are jealous ...

and to move on.

lol....in fact, this reminds me of a saying i love:

"To live well is the best revenge".

My mother saw this on my fridge and snapped " what do you mean by that ?!!"  

...i said " exactly what it says."

she gave me a weird look and, for once, she was speechless and unsatisfied.

"To live well is the best revenge" - what an amazing coincidence - my mum says it to me all the time, when I come to her and we talk about me feeling a thirst for revenge - it always calms me down. My dear father taught me that too. So cool you reminded me that. My mum is also in her sixties and also been through a lot - I must tell her I've met you, she'll be happy to be aware of her next soul sibling :)

Thank you, Adeomus, I feel much lighter now.

I had an issue with this at the start of my day. Im visiting my family for a little while and the house is filled with my mother, stepfather, youngest brother, grandparent, oldest brother, sister in law, and their child, my niece. I spend the most time with my niece because shes an old one like me and we get along the best, mostly play around and goof off, and any time I notice her getting into a bad habit, I try to teach her with advice on things to avoid so she stays out of trouble, but mostly I encourage us to act with freedom. Her parents on the other hand, they are extremely strict amd controlling, and pick apart every single little thing they dont like and try to enforce their own structures about it on my niece, and I do my best to stay out of the way and not tell them that they need to just let her do her thing and find better ways to understand her behavior and why she acts the way she does. Shes a little rebel, but she has a heart of gold. Admittedly, it fills me with anger every time they unleash their anger and control on her, and I shake ot off as best I can. But what sets me off the most, is they treat me like a moron too, as if I dont understand their reasons for soing things, and they try to enforce their ways and reasons on me and get me to comply with their every demand and command, and if I show the slightest expression of dissatisfaction or indifference to their demands, they come at me and try to force it harder. Today, my brother tried to tell me to not say a certain thing in front of my niece, and I got the message, but it was when he repeated his "got it?" a second time, as if he was just expecting and demanding my compliant response, as I walked away I let a short "fuck off" slip out. He definitely didnt like that and came at me asking what did I say, and stubbornly I reacted saying you heard me, and he and I got into a fit of rage. It got to me so fiercely, that I couldnt contain myself and I kicked off my slippers challenging him to a fist fight, ready to beat the crap out of him. Once it started, I couldnt calm down and I continued to project a serious threat, that if he came anywhere near me, that I would literally kill him. I was on a roll for days, keeping my anger cool and not exploding in a fit of rage, but that one little moment of conflict set me off my hinges. I felt the heaviest force of darkness come down on me as I stayed in a stance of hatred, ready to react with extreme violence that felt like I had just undone loads of work trying to implement peace and light. Twenty steps backwards it felt like. But I have to let it go and work on getting back to peace again, otherwise ill continue to fall. You definitely arent the only one who has trouble with it. It sucks when the sensitivity gets to be overwhelming, but i believe it will be worth it to keep trying and pick up the pieces, attempt to make things better again.
Don't be too hard on yourself. A lot of times, we empaths can see the actual intent and emotion behind words....I think you reacted accordingly. I doubt anybody saying "got it?" would bother you if they really meant well. You don't have to put up with people patronizing you just so they can feel superior.
Thank you.

:-)

Thank you for that. Last night was a difficult one for me, as many nights tend to be, but last night in particular. This message was needed.

Just embrace the present moment and its small miracles, more miracles the more we appreciate the present moment it seems.

To some lottery winning is their miracle

To a child a cat is a miracle, or a houseplant ... or just being alive :-)

Thank you too

*smiles*...i like you !

and...one of my buttons is when someone keeps saying "y'understand ?"

blessings....i'm glad your niece has you.

addy

That was sweet, and unexpected. You made a friend out of me.

It is mutual, Tanner.

love, addy

RSS

Ads

If ISN has helped you on your path to awakening and greater understanding...please consider a donation of your choice. Namaste

© 2017   Created by Yshatar Anshar El.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service