Just wondering if anyone else on here is like me in the fact that they react badly to harsh words or sometimes even just blunt words and even when someone is not being mean you still react sensitively? Because I have that issue, actually I've always had this issue - I guess I was born with it, I take everything either seriously or react way too sensitively towards it.

I've been told numerous times that I'm too hypersensitive and to stop and change this, but I can't stop as it's something that's a part of me. 

I've heard that its a starseed thing - especially from those from higher realms but I just wanted to clarify to make sure. 

Tags: Reaction, Sensitivity

Views: 1024

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

To be fair, I was not implying that insecurity is the cause of all pain. If you read that part again, I was referring specifically to pain caused by upsetting words. This pain is mind/ego based, and can be traced to insecurity/fear. So I think we're on the same page there - no disagreement :) .

Injustice is different from the defensive nature of the mind/ego. Injustice can be heart based, in contrast to the defensive ego.

And yes, you are right - understanding and empathizing with negative action doesn't justify it.

Just embrace the present moment and its small miracles, more miracles the more we appreciate the present moment it seems.

To some lottery winning is their miracle

To a child a cat is a miracle, or a houseplant ... or just being alive :-)

Thank you too

Yes, let everything and everyone be your teacher :-)

Thank you back  & Namaste

I am good enough as I am, in any clothes, just as I am. Because Iam :)

*smiles* hi musuhi <3

you said "Still, I don't understand how can I remain calm when I see it harms not only me but also people dear to me"...

i completely feel you...it hurts me much more when someone i love is hurt, than when i am.

sadly i have had way too much experience over 6 decades, of needing to learn how to handle things...but i have learned.

Imho it's a matter of eventually becoming confident and experienced enough to know when and what to say, to finish them off, once and for all. Make it as brief as possible for the most impact. Practice if you want !

in my experience, it's best in front of witnesses because bullies are cowards and will fear saying anything to you and yours in future..they'll go elsewhere for their fix.

..Or...this will also send them somewhere else if they cannot bait you :    To know when to blow it off with a lingering condescending look and a raised eyebrow, and let them hang there exposing themselves to the world for what they are. *smiles*...practice in a mirror.

it's also knowing what to say, in either case, to the dear ones who are hurt... reassure them that they are deeply loved, and that the offender has private  issues that have nothing to do with them...that they act like that because they may not have enough love in their lives or are jealous ...

and to move on.

lol....in fact, this reminds me of a saying i love:

"To live well is the best revenge".

My mother saw this on my fridge and snapped " what do you mean by that ?!!"  

...i said " exactly what it says."

she gave me a weird look and, for once, she was speechless and unsatisfied.

It is mutual, Tanner.

love, addy

"To live well is the best revenge" - what an amazing coincidence - my mum says it to me all the time, when I come to her and we talk about me feeling a thirst for revenge - it always calms me down. My dear father taught me that too. So cool you reminded me that. My mum is also in her sixties and also been through a lot - I must tell her I've met you, she'll be happy to be aware of her next soul sibling :)

Thank you, Adeomus, I feel much lighter now.

*smiles*...Musuhi, i am honored to be a soul sister to your mother

and perhaps to have made a difference to your day.

love, addy

"To live well is the best revenge" - what an amazing coincidence - my mum says it to me all the time, when I come to her and we talk about me feeling a thirst for revenge - it always calms me down. My dear father taught me that too. So cool you reminded me that. My mum is also in her sixties and also been through a lot - I must tell her I've met you, she'll be happy to be aware of her next soul sibling :)

Thank you, Adeomus, I feel much lighter now.

Wow, what a great way to put it. I 100% agree with this.

Hypersensitivity is being an Empath and I believe all Starseed are Emapthic. I admit I am the same way. I'll take things out of context or otherwise. Even when someone says they're only joking, I didnt take it that way and feel hurt even if it was a joke.
Embrace and love who you are! Blessings!

~ Ash

To be sensitive to words said by someone, even if they didn't sounded offensive... it's the ransom for being empath. We can sense the intents behind the words. However, we can also be fooled by that "gift", so we have to remain cautious and to not jump at people's throats too quickly. Most empaths that i met forgive easily and try to see the best in everyone... so we tend to be confuse between our good will and the things we often sensing. So to learn how to shield ourselves is more than a necessity to avoid being perceived as bipolar crackpots freaks who gets offended for no reasons. With our natural ease to see the best in anyone (and give second, third, fourth chances) and because we can sense people's distress, we tend to attract toxic people. As empathy could be see as a gift, it can easily be feel as a malediction.

SHIELDING SHIELDING SHIELDING!!!

I needed this, thank you. My girlfriend lives in California and I haven't been able to speak to her. Her sister said she would be seeing her yesterday and that I would be able to talk to her, but nothing. I lost it. I can't take these continuous lies. The continuous unwillingness of someone to do what they say they will do, so I went off on her sister. And at this point, I wonder if there is even a point to stick around. I'm always stuck waiting for someone to do something that it doesn't seem they really want to do. Always being played.... always a part of someone's emotional game... never something true and lasting that I can have complete faith in. Like everyone just wants to see me get upset and laugh about it with their friends.

I am an empath , had social anxiety especially when I was younger and had no name for it. I believe the two can go hand in hand because we are so sensitive. I would never want to squash this because it is a gift. So just try learning more about it and you will come to your own realizations. Much love and light and do try to stay away from the negative ones.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Ads

What's New?

Namaia Hirsult Nicaia loved Aer Stargazer's discussion <3
9 minutes ago
Star Wind replied to Josephine lazo's discussion Is there really life after death?
"I liked the movie called "What Dreams May Come", covers the life after death thing along…"
16 minutes ago
Daniel Rønjom replied to Aer Stargazer's discussion <3
"Thanks!!! <3 love to you too, Aer Stargazer"
25 minutes ago
Daniel Rønjom loved Aer Stargazer's discussion <3
26 minutes ago
looverly replied to Awakened Rabbit's discussion Free distance energy healing
"Hi, i would like one... i hope you keep doing this thing really ^^.. i would like whatever may be…"
32 minutes ago
Jer replied to bellarose starseed 84's discussion just for fun ............................. whats yours? .... . i am wise lady/lord of atlantis
"Polly ha ha ha"
35 minutes ago
Thrive wolf replied to bellarose starseed 84's discussion just for fun ............................. whats yours? .... . i am wise lady/lord of atlantis
"Spirit whisperer of the fairy folk"
39 minutes ago
Turquoise Water posted a video

Powerman 5000 - When Worlds Collide

Music video by Powerman 5000 performing When Worlds Collide. YouTube view counts pre-VEVO: 2,509,970. (C) 1999 SKG Music L.L.C.
1 hour ago
Atylmo loved Josephine lazo's discussion Is there really life after death?
1 hour ago
Atylmo replied to Josephine lazo's discussion Is there really life after death?
"i really thinks there exists an place after we die but im not very sure what it is i have had some…"
1 hour ago
Wesley loved Jace's photo
1 hour ago
Temuulen Munkh-Erdene replied to María Sánchez's discussion Free past life reading
"I would like one by pm, please. :))"
1 hour ago

© 2017   Created by Yshatar Anshar El.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service